Retirement Account Disclosures
On March 15, 2018, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit invalidated the U.S. Department of Labor rule titled “Definition of the Term Fiduciary; Conflict of Interest Rule-Retirement Investment Advice” (DOL Rule).This ruling has not yet become effective. We are closely monitoring developments, and will continue to provide you with up-to-date information on the status of the DOL Rule on this website. If you have questions about the rule or any of the information on this page, please contact your LPL Financial Advisor.
- LPL Financial’s Form ADV disclosure brochures: Provide information about advisory programs and services, including details about fees and conflicts of interest
- LPL Financial summary of compensation for brokerage services and related conflicts of interest
General Conflicts of Interests and Revenue Share Disclosures
Section 408(b)(2) Notices for ERISA Plans
- Section 408(b)(2) of ERISA: Provides updated information if you are a responsible plan fiduciary to an ERISA retirement plan, and the plan engages with LPL Financial as a service provider
Special Note for ERISA Plans and IRAs Using SAM I and OMP Advisory Programs
- Prohibited Transaction Class Exemption 86-128 (amended June 9, 2017) for ERISA plans or IRAs that invest through a Strategic Asset Management I (SAM I) or Optimum Market Portfolios (OMP) account: The exemption covers LPL transaction-related fees in connection with brokerage transactions in such accounts.
- Form ADV Disclosure Brochures for SAM and OMP: Detailed information about transaction-related fees for advisory programs and descriptions of LPL Financial’s brokerage placement practices.
- Clients can terminate authorization permitting LPL Financial to rely on the exemption at any time (upon written notice to LPL Financial or the LPL Financial Advisor). Such termination will terminate participation in the advisory program. If a client chooses to terminate such authorization, LPL Financial has included a form of termination letter for this purpose.
- LPL furnishes information in the annual performance report for SAM I and OMP advisory accounts regarding the portfolio turnover ratio of the account and the total annual transaction-related fees charged to the client. LPL has provided an explanation of the method used to calculate the portfolio turnover ratio and the annual transaction-related fee amounts here.
- Copies of this information are available upon request by contacting your LPL Financial Advisor.