Important Information to Keep in Mind
- Payment for securities investments should always be made directly to "LPL Financial" or to a mutual fund, annuity, or insurance company, or other LPL product partner. View a list of many product sponsors that partner with LPL and their check payee information. If you are asked to write a check to a product provider that does not appear on this list, please call 800-558-7567.
- LPL advisors are required to place securities investments through LPL Financial or directly with a mutual fund, insurance company, or other product provider, like the ones in the list above. Do not make checks payable directly to a financial advisor, the financial advisor's business name, or any business controlled by the financial advisor.
- When dealing with a representative of LPL, accept account payments from LPL or the product provider only. Payment from any other business names or the representative is not appropriate.
- You should never borrow from or lend money to a representative of LPL.
- Always sign your own documents and never ask someone else to sign for you unless they can legally act for you, e.g. via power of attorney.
- Review your statements when you receive them. If you receive a summary statement from your financial advisor, compare the statement numbers to your statements from each product provider or official LPL account statement.
With questions about these prudent investing practices or to report any suspicious activity on the part of your financial advisor, please contact the LPL compliance department at 800-558-7567.
For your reference, following are several sample communications from LPL. Your account-related communications from your LPL advisor should resemble these documents: